23 Jun Best resources for maximum diesel performance
High levels of diesel performance must be achieved in order to power your vehicles successfully. Yet for many vehicle owners, diesel performance is less than desired because of parts that are old, worn out or otherwise failing to function at the level they used to.
Want to optimize your engine’s diesel performance? If so, it’s critical you locate and establish a relationship with a trusted online supplier of components and accessories.
Take the functionality of the GM Duramax engine, for example. The first step toward achieving high diesel performance is to understand the various kinds of available engines and the ways engine components work together. In many cases, products are not interchangeable with all variations of the Duramax, so it’s critical to pay attention to the details.
Let’s consider some examples. Perhaps the most important factor to properly matching parts to Duramax engines is the eighth digit in your vehicle identification number (VIN). For instance:
- If the eight digit is a “1,” your engine type is the 2001 to 2004 LB7. It could also be a 2006 to 2007 LLY motor, though this will be the 2006 version, which is different from the 2005 version. A diesel performance expert can help you identify which engine your vehicle runs on.
- If it is a “2,” your engine is the 2004 to 2005 LLY motor introduced halfway through 2004.
- If it’s a “D,” the engine is the 2007 LBZ motor introduced in late 2006.
- If the digit happens to be a “6,” your engine is a 2007.5 to 2010 LMM motor.
- If it is an “8,” you are using a 2011 to 2015 LGH motor with the chassis cab/box delete only, RPO ZW9.
Once you know which of these engines is found underneath your hood, you can take the next step by seeking out accessories that will work in conjunction with these powerful machines.
Resources to drive diesel performance forward
Numerous items are available to help take your vehicle’s performance to the next level. Depending on the make and model of your engine, products we offer include:
- Air intake systems
- Chips, modules and programmers
- Differential parts
- Engine parts
- Exhaust brakes and exhaust systems
- Fuel systems
- Components for maintenance and replacement of parts that are outdated or functioning improperly
- Transmission options
- Turbo upgrades and accessories
You can search for these accessories and others by using the drop down menu located on the left hand side of our webpage and clicking through to the proper year and make of your diesel engine. Other offerings we include product support for on our site include the Ford Powerstroke, the Dodge Cummins and the Dodge EcoDiesel.
More features to know
Additionally, by clicking on the “All Products” button on our site, you’ll be directed to a complete list of everything we have in stock at the moment. If you ever encounter a product that occasionally is unavailable, please give us a call at 470-253-7552. We’re here to assist in improving diesel performance and can get you in touch with the components you need.
As you locate components and accessories that fit your objectives for your engine, you can update your shopping cart by specifying how many of the item you need and clicking the button labeled “Add To Cart”. Among the items you will find listed on these pages are turbo down pipes, steering stabilizers, EGR cooler deletes with up pipe and more.
When you are looking for diesel performance in Buford Georgia, start with Ray’s Diesel Performance. We pride ourselves on customer service and on getting you the answers you need to be successful.